Man fatally shot in head on West Side
Chicago Police are probing the murder of a 43-yer-old man shot twice in the head late Thursday on the West Side.
Anthony Robles, of 2425 W. Polk St., was shot at 821 S. Western Ave. and pronounced dead on the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
About 11 p.m., police responding to a report of shots fired found Robles on the sidewalk with two gunshot wounds to the head, according to Harrison Area police. A report from the police First Deputy Superintendent's office said the man was shot in the head and back.
Circumstances surrounding the shooting remain unknown, police said.
Harrison Area police said there were no witnesses to the shooting and nobody is in custody early Friday.
Harrison Area detectives are investigating the homicide.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 4 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
1 min ago