Man fatally shot in head on West Side
Chicago Police are probing the murder of a 43-yer-old man shot twice in the head late Thursday on the West Side.
Anthony Robles, of 2425 W. Polk St., was shot at 821 S. Western Ave. and pronounced dead on the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
About 11 p.m., police responding to a report of shots fired found Robles on the sidewalk with two gunshot wounds to the head, according to Harrison Area police. A report from the police First Deputy Superintendent's office said the man was shot in the head and back.
Circumstances surrounding the shooting remain unknown, police said.
Harrison Area police said there were no witnesses to the shooting and nobody is in custody early Friday.
Harrison Area detectives are investigating the homicide.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 2 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- 7 in 77
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
2 min ago