Man fatally shot in head on West Side
Chicago Police are probing the murder of a 43-yer-old man shot twice in the head late Thursday on the West Side.
Anthony Robles, of 2425 W. Polk St., was shot at 821 S. Western Ave. and pronounced dead on the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
About 11 p.m., police responding to a report of shots fired found Robles on the sidewalk with two gunshot wounds to the head, according to Harrison Area police. A report from the police First Deputy Superintendent's office said the man was shot in the head and back.
Circumstances surrounding the shooting remain unknown, police said.
Harrison Area police said there were no witnesses to the shooting and nobody is in custody early Friday.
Harrison Area detectives are investigating the homicide.
- Suspects break into Trump, parachute off building 53 min ago
- Boy, 13, seriously injured in Aurora hit-and-run 1 min ago
- A Game 7 with more on the line than an NBA title 49 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, tie series
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Boy, 13, seriously injured in Aurora...
1 min ago