Man fatally shot in head on West Side
Chicago Police are probing the murder of a 43-yer-old man shot twice in the head late Thursday on the West Side.
Anthony Robles, of 2425 W. Polk St., was shot at 821 S. Western Ave. and pronounced dead on the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
About 11 p.m., police responding to a report of shots fired found Robles on the sidewalk with two gunshot wounds to the head, according to Harrison Area police. A report from the police First Deputy Superintendent's office said the man was shot in the head and back.
Circumstances surrounding the shooting remain unknown, police said.
Harrison Area police said there were no witnesses to the shooting and nobody is in custody early Friday.
Harrison Area detectives are investigating the homicide.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship