Sister says she was on phone when man shot to death
Monday, March 17, 2008
CHICAGO (WLS) -- The family of a 39-year-old man who was killed during an apparent robbery is talking about their loss.
The victim, Anthony Richardson, was shot in his car near 72nd and Michigan Avenue Thursday night while returning home.Richardson's sister says he was talking to her on a cell phone when he was shot. "He went from laughing to saying he didn't have any money and then his phone fell," said Kena Richardson-Hilliard, victim's sister. "A couple of minutes later, I heard an officer say, 'this looks like the entry wound." Richardson, a general contractor, was married and had three children. There have been no arrests.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather 46 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- 7 in :77
9 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game...
46 min ago