Sister says she was on phone when man shot to death
Monday, March 17, 2008
CHICAGO (WLS) -- The family of a 39-year-old man who was killed during an apparent robbery is talking about their loss.
The victim, Anthony Richardson, was shot in his car near 72nd and Michigan Avenue Thursday night while returning home.Richardson's sister says he was talking to her on a cell phone when he was shot. "He went from laughing to saying he didn't have any money and then his phone fell," said Kena Richardson-Hilliard, victim's sister. "A couple of minutes later, I heard an officer say, 'this looks like the entry wound." Richardson, a general contractor, was married and had three children. There have been no arrests.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 54 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 25 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 45 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
54 min ago