Truck driver's odd behavior noted after crash
CHICAGO (WLS) -- As officials are continue to investigate the deadly crash at the CTA train station, new details surface about the truck driver.
Investigators have been going through truck driver Donald Wells' log book as they piece together where he was in the days before the crash.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Wells missed a scheduled pickup in Champaign when he returned to Chicago last Friday. The trailer of the 18-wheeler was apparently empty when it slammed in to the CTA Red Line Chinatown/Cermak station.
Investigators are awaiting results of expanded tests to see if Wells may have taken any drugs. Wells did pass a blood/alcohol test. But the Sun-Times reports that police found another person's prescription drugs with Wells.
Investigators are also examining the truck's brakes to make sure it was working properly. The truck apparently left no skid marks as it barreled down the Dan Ryan exit ramp.
The crash injured more than a dozen people and killed two women -- 47-year-old Elosia Guerrero and 18-year-old Delisia Brown. Brown was shopping for a prom dress. Guerrero, who worked at The Sutton Place Hotel, was on her way home.
Police have cited Wells for negligent driving. Criminal charges could be filed soon.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 14 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears 1 min ago
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death 22 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way 40 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as alderman 39 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
46 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
14 min ago