Rezko jury asks for transcripts, judge says no
CHICAGO (WLS) -- The jury in the corruption trial of Tony Rezko asked for some trial transcripts Thursday afternoon.
The judge said no. They have to rely on their memories.The jury is considering nine weeks of evidence and arguments in the trial of the political fundraiser. Rezko is accused of scheming with the government's star witness, Stuart Levine, to get kickbacks from companies wanting state contracts. Levine entered a guilty plea and testified against Rezko. Defense attorneys say the government didn't prove its case. Thursday was the jury's first full day of deliberations. There were no deliberations Wednesday.
They also claim Levine lied because he feared going to federal prison for the rest of his life.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area 34 min ago
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home 54 min ago
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case 30 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates 1 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
36 min ago
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
34 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
38 min ago