Lawsuit filed in CTA Chinatown accident
The first lawsuit has been filed in connection with April's deadly crash at the CTA's Chinatown Red Line train station.
A truck driven by Donald Wells plowed through a bus stop and crashed into the escalator at the station during the afternoon rush hour April 25.
Two people were killed in the incident and nearly two dozen others were injured.
The family of one of the victims, 47-year-old Elouisa Guerrero, filed a wrongful death suit against Wells and his employer, Whiteline Express. The suit seeks unspecified damages.
Wells was cited in the crash for negligent driving.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 24 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 24 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River 50 min ago
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass 30 min ago
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home