Lawsuit filed in CTA Chinatown accident
The first lawsuit has been filed in connection with April's deadly crash at the CTA's Chinatown Red Line train station.
A truck driven by Donald Wells plowed through a bus stop and crashed into the escalator at the station during the afternoon rush hour April 25.
Two people were killed in the incident and nearly two dozen others were injured.
The family of one of the victims, 47-year-old Elouisa Guerrero, filed a wrongful death suit against Wells and his employer, Whiteline Express. The suit seeks unspecified damages.
Wells was cited in the crash for negligent driving.
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping