Lawsuit filed in CTA Chinatown accident
The first lawsuit has been filed in connection with April's deadly crash at the CTA's Chinatown Red Line train station.
A truck driven by Donald Wells plowed through a bus stop and crashed into the escalator at the station during the afternoon rush hour April 25.
Two people were killed in the incident and nearly two dozen others were injured.
The family of one of the victims, 47-year-old Elouisa Guerrero, filed a wrongful death suit against Wells and his employer, Whiteline Express. The suit seeks unspecified damages.
Wells was cited in the crash for negligent driving.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney