CTA Chinatown crash truck driver dead
The truck driver whose semi smashed into a CTA station in April died.
Sixty-four-year-old Donald Wells of Metamora, Michigan died either late Friday or early Saturday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
It was not known Saturday evening whether the man's death was a result of the crash, which killed two women and injured 21 people.
Relatives of both women filed wrongful death lawsuits against Wells. Police ticketed Wells for negligent driving.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos