CTA Chinatown crash truck driver dead
The truck driver whose semi smashed into a CTA station in April died.
Sixty-four-year-old Donald Wells of Metamora, Michigan died either late Friday or early Saturday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
It was not known Saturday evening whether the man's death was a result of the crash, which killed two women and injured 21 people.
Relatives of both women filed wrongful death lawsuits against Wells. Police ticketed Wells for negligent driving.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains