Group calls for Jesse Jackson's resignation
There is a call for Reverend Jesse Jackson to resign in light of recent controversial comments he made about Senator Obama.
A group of men calling themselves 'AmeriCan' want Jackson to step down from his position with the Rainbow Push Coalition.
Before an appearance on Fox News, Jackson said Obama had talked down to African Americans during a Father's Day speech.
The reverend did apologize to Obama, who accepted his apology.
Jackson later said he thought the controversy had helped the Obama campaign.
"He didn't receive any pain, I felt the pain and the embarrassment and the hurt," said Rev. Jesse Jackson, Rainbow Push Coalition.
"You can't tell me that Jesse Jackson has been in the media for over 40 years, that when somebody hooks a mic up to him, that he don't realize that it's live," said Harold Davis, AmeriCan.
The members of AmeriCan say it is hard to teach young people about respect when they hear comments like Jackson's.
jesse jackson, local
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD