Suburban pastor placed on leave
ROSELLE, Ill. (WLS) -- A northwest suburban priest is removed from his post for misappropriation of church funds.
It happened at the Saint Walter Parish in Roselle. A head bishop of the diocese in Joliet has placed Father John Regan on administrative leave.
A local bank informed the diocese about irregular banking transactions. The church says it discovered a misappropriation of nearly $112,000. The money was allegedly used for gambling by Father Regan.
He had been pastor of Saint Walter Parish for 2 years. No charges have been filed.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game 46 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death 52 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a look back 17 min ago
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 53 min ago
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues 13 min ago
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Heisman Trophy 2013 Finalists: Jameis Winston, NIU's Jordan... 20 min ago
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center 40 min ago
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Rich Williamson of Ill. GOP dies at 64 21 min ago
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
46 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a...
17 min ago
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
52 min ago