5 shot in far South Side shooting
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Five people have been shot on Chicago's South Side near 107th and Wabash.
There were no fewer than two dozen officers and detectives on the scene about an hour after the shooting. The victims' ages range from 16 to 21 years old in what appears to have been a drive-by shooting just after 9 p.m. Thursday.
Neighbors say they heard what they described as machine gun fire. They say a group of young people was standing on the corner when a car drove by and opened fire.
There are three victims in serious to critical condition at Christ and Stroger hospitals. Two other victims were in fair condition at Trinity and Roseland hospitals. The most seriously injured victim is reportedly a 21-year-old who was hit in the head.
local, dan ponce
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 10 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day... 16 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD