5 shot in far South Side shooting
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Five people have been shot on Chicago's South Side near 107th and Wabash.
There were no fewer than two dozen officers and detectives on the scene about an hour after the shooting. The victims' ages range from 16 to 21 years old in what appears to have been a drive-by shooting just after 9 p.m. Thursday.
Neighbors say they heard what they described as machine gun fire. They say a group of young people was standing on the corner when a car drove by and opened fire.
There are three victims in serious to critical condition at Christ and Stroger hospitals. Two other victims were in fair condition at Trinity and Roseland hospitals. The most seriously injured victim is reportedly a 21-year-old who was hit in the head.
local, dan ponce
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 11 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
38 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 12, 2014
13 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
11 min ago