Attempted child abduction in Orland Park
ORLAND PARK, Ill. (WLS) -- Students of a southwest suburban school district are being warned about a man who tried to lure a girl into his vehicle.
It happened last Friday afternoon in Orland Park.
Police have released a sketch of the man who offered a piece of candy to a 12-year-old girl if she got into his van. The suspect also told the girl that her mother had asked him to pick her up from school. The girl refused and the man drove away.
The suspect was in a white van parked on 88th Avenue near Jerling Junior High and Liberty School.
Students and parents have been asked to report any suspicious people or activity to Orland Park police.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 55 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 41 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 32 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77