'Dirty Dancing' musical comes to Chicago
CHICAGO (WLS) -- "Dirty Dancing" became a big screen blockbuster in 1987, starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey.
Now, the coming-of-age love story is about to be reborn on the Chicago stage. And ABC7 got a backstage peak.
It's an all-American musical that's been a hit on three continents.
"Dirty Dancing" is making its U.S. debut in Chicago. This show's a baby nobody's putting in the corner.
Performances of "Dirty Dancing" begin at the Cadillac Palace Sunday. It runs through early December.
local, janet davies
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 25 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death 2 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way 20 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as alderman 19 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
26 min ago