'Dirty Dancing' musical comes to Chicago
CHICAGO (WLS) -- "Dirty Dancing" became a big screen blockbuster in 1987, starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey.
Now, the coming-of-age love story is about to be reborn on the Chicago stage. And ABC7 got a backstage peak.
It's an all-American musical that's been a hit on three continents.
"Dirty Dancing" is making its U.S. debut in Chicago. This show's a baby nobody's putting in the corner.
Performances of "Dirty Dancing" begin at the Cadillac Palace Sunday. It runs through early December.
local, janet davies
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 1 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 6 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street 15 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones 54 min ago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos