Peterson to appear in court on gun charges
Former Bolingbrook police officer Drew Peterson is scheduled to be back in court Thursday.
Peterson has been charged with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon for possessing a rifle shorter than the legal length and for attempting to transfer it to his son, Stephen.
A December 8 trial date has already been set.
Thursday's hearing will focus on pretrial defense motions such as jury selection and change of venue.
Police say Drew Peterson is a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Stacy Peterson.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation