Burge due in court on Monday
Former Chicago police commander Jon Burge will be arraigned in federal court in Chicago on Monday on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice.
Burge was arrested last week in Florida where he now lives.
Dozens of men say that while Burge was a police commander. They were tortured and forced to confess to crimes they did not commit.
The statute of limitations has run out and Burge is not charged with torture.
The statute of limitations has run out and Burge is not charged with torture. Instead, he's accused of lying in written answers he gave in a civil rights lawsuit.
Burge said last week that he would plead 'not guilty' to the charges.
jon burge, local
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area