Burge due in court on Monday
Former Chicago police commander Jon Burge will be arraigned in federal court in Chicago on Monday on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice.
Burge was arrested last week in Florida where he now lives.
Dozens of men say that while Burge was a police commander. They were tortured and forced to confess to crimes they did not commit.
The statute of limitations has run out and Burge is not charged with torture.
The statute of limitations has run out and Burge is not charged with torture. Instead, he's accused of lying in written answers he gave in a civil rights lawsuit.
Burge said last week that he would plead 'not guilty' to the charges.
jon burge, local
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell 18 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting 27 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy 13 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 17 min ago
- South Loop shooting injures 1 20 min ago
- Blackhawks trail Red Wings 3-1 in NHL playoff series
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up 51 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 37 min ago
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
17 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at...
18 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
27 min ago
- Frozen kefir: Think yogurt, but tangier and...
7 min ago