Midway tops O'Hare in on-time rankings
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Chicago's O'Hare Airport did not fare well in a ranking of on-time statistics for the country's major airports.
Of the 32 major U.S. airports, Midway came in third in on-time arrivals for the month of September. More than 90 percent of flights landed as scheduled.
But, O'Hare came in at 28th, with just over 76 percent of flights arriving on-time.
The best airport for on time arrivals was Salt Lake City. The worst: New York's JFK.
For departures, Midway ranked 13th, with just over 88 percent of flights taking off on time. O'Hare came in last, with less than 79 percent of flights leaving as scheduled. Again, the best airport was Salt Lake City.
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping