Judge denies bond reduction in acid attack
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Bond will remain at $750,000 for the woman accused of being the mastermind of an acid attack this summer.
In court Friday, a judge denied the request to reduce bond for Ofelia Garcia.
Prosecutors say the 59-year-old planned the assault on Esperanza Medina because she believed the victim was seeing her ex-husband.
Medina suffered third degree burns in the July attack in Logan Square.
Garcia has denied any involvement in the case.
Two other adults and three juveniles have also been charged.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 57 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- 7 in :77