Cook Co. sheriff to appear at Durbin foreclosure hearing
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin will chair a hearing in Washington this week on the foreclosure crisis.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart will be among those testifying.
The hearing will look at the role bankruptcy courts can play in easing the crisis. It will focus on a bill that could help at-risk homeowners keep their homes by altering the terms of their mortgages.
Dart will talk about how the housing crisis is affecting communities. Last month, he temporarily suspended foreclosure evictions in Cook County.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 22 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 38 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 16 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 23 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos