Woman sues radio station following rape
WAUKEGAN (WLS) -- A woman is suing a suburban radio station after she was raped while on a date arranged by the station.
Forty-six-year-old Travis Harvey of Gurnee pleaded guilty this week to sexually assaulting the 24-year-old woman.
Last year, radio station WXLC in Waukegan conducted a promotion encouraging female listeners to go on a date with Harvey. The station promoted him as a "great guy." The woman's attorney says she didn't know he had been convicted of violating an order of protection.
She's suing Harvey and NextMedia, the radio station's parent company. A spokesperson says the company has not seen the lawsuit and cannot comment.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 47 min ago
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday 15 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation