Children's holiday event honors Julian King
An annual Christmas event was held Saturday at a South Side church in honor of the late Julian King, the 7-year-old nephew of singer and actress Jennifer Hudson.
Julian was killed along with his grandmother and uncle earlier this year. William Balfour, Hudson's brother-in-law, is charged in the murders.
Saturday's event was held at Pleasant Gift church's third annual "Gift of Giving" for youth in need. Organizers distributed toys to boys and girls in Julian's memory.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot