Man killed in robbery
The family of a man who died during a robbery on the city's far South Side is pleading for the killers to come forward.
Princeton Reed, 33, was at his aunt's home near 112th and Halsted and was leaving early this Wednesday. Just as he and his cousin approached Reed's car, two men confronted them. Reed tried to escape by getting in the car and that's when the suspects shot him several times. His family is struggling to cope.
"I just want the killers to come forward because it's not fair that they just took his life for no reason. I just want the killers please, please come forward," said Darlene Grandison, Reed's mother-in-law.
Reed was married and the father of six children.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood 39 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 45 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 28 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business 37 min ago
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night 34 min ago
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
28 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
39 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
45 min ago
- Aperitifs, digestifs enhance meals at Sable
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos