6-year-old writes book about Obamas
January 19, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of books will probably be written about Barack Obama- but how many will be written by a 6-year-old?
The Obamas' home on Chicago's South Side is already a landmark. Zenin Miller, 6, lives across Hyde Park Boulevard from the Obamas. And, he's seen some exciting changes from his third-floor apartment.
Zenin was there when the Obama family moved in two years ago.
"I said, 'Welcome to the neighborhood," said Zenin. The future president replied, "Nice to meet you, Zenin."
Zenin wrote a book about living across the street from the next president of the United States. It's called "It's me, Zenin! President Barack Obama's Kid Neighbor."
The six-year-old took most of the photos in the book. His mother, Jackie, helped him with the history from when the barricades went up to when the neighbors became the next First Family.
"Zenin would like the people to know ... all the children in the world to know ... what it is like being a simple urban child living across the street from Barack Obama," said Jackie Miller, Zenin's mom.
Zenin scans the area continuously, spotting the Secret Service on top of a nearby synagogue.
"They looked like ninjas," said Zenin. "They were dressed like ninjas."
The book is part childhood fantasy and will be available in March. What does this young author want to be when he grows up?
"The president and a secret service (agent) and a ninja," said Zenin.
Any proceeds from the book will go to charity.
local, frank mathie
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 40 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George 41 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout 30 min ago
- Bulls fans ready for start of playoffs
39 min ago