Mom, infant found murdered in town home
January 25, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police are looking for a suspect in the double murder of a woman and her baby daughter. According to the Chicago Tribune, the woman is the mother of ex-Bulls player Eddy Curry's young son.
The mother and infant girl were found shot to death inside a town home on the near South Side. The case is being investigated as a double murder. The town home is near 15th and Clark Street.
Just before 6 p.m. Saturday evening, a woman entered the town home to find her 24-year-old daughter and 9-month-old granddaughter shot to death inside.
The Cook County Medical Examiner identified the victims as Nova Henry, 24, and her 9-month-old daughter Ava Henry.
Relatives rushed to the scene arriving almost as quickly as police. In fact, so many came to the scene, that police brought in a C.T.A. bus to keep them warm while they gathered information.
Also, inside the home was a 3-year-old boy. He was unharmed. Police are not offering a theory as to why the little boy was spared.
Investigators tell ABC7 News they don't think it was a random attack. And they may already know who they're looking for.
"Right now, we're talking to witnesses, family members, to try to get as much information as possible to ascertain and to come up with a composite or a vehicle description. But it appears that -- we believe that this is a known acquaintance," said police News Affairs Director Monique Bond.
This double murder took place in Chicago's first police district, which is also home to mayor Richard Daley and the Chicago's police superintendent. So,there was an intense police response. Dozens of officers plus forensics experts and command staff rushed to the scene.
It is assumed that the 3-year-old boy who was not injured is with relatives, but that has not been confirmed. It is unclear whether or not that 3-year-old boy has been able to provide police with any information about what transpired inside that town home. But again, investigators say they believe that the attacker was somebody who knew the woman and daughter who were killed.
Eddy Curry now plays for the New York Knicks. He was in Philadelphia Saturday for a game. The Tribune reports that he is distraught and contemplating a trip to Chicago.
Curry has maintained he is not the father of the baby Ava Henry. Court records show Nova Henry filed two separate petitions to establish parentage.
Curry is a married father of four. In July 2007, he and his family were robbed at gunpoint in his Burr Ridge home. Several masked men stole cash and jewelry after restraining Curry and family members with duct tape.
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday 25 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world 9 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation 28 min ago
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Toy Parade gathers gifts for children in need
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
1 min ago
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
25 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in...
9 min ago