Police find huge cocaine stash
January 27, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two men were arrested Monday in a drug bust that netted more than $19 million worth of illegal drugs in the Little Village neighborhood.
Forty-one-year-old Lorenzo Barrios and 39-year-old Anastacio Esparza are charged with drug possession.
Police say they stopped a minivan near 28th and Hamlin and found a duffle bag full of cocaine inside.
Officers were then led to a house near 26th and Springfield where they say they uncovered a huge stash of cocaine. In all, police seized nearly 350 pounds.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 26 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults 25 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after...
26 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos