Peterson family loses Savio estate control
February 10, 2009 (WLS) -- The Illinois Appellate Court rejected Drew Peterson's appeal to keep his uncle in control of his murdered third wife's finances.
Peterson was trying to block the family of Kathleen Savio from taking control of her will and reopening her estate. Savio's family filed a wrongful death suit after Will County authorities ruled that her 2004 death was a homicide.
Peterson's attorney says he'll file a motion to reconsider its decision and may appeal to the state's Supreme Court.
Peterson is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship