Peterson family loses Savio estate control
February 10, 2009 (WLS) -- The Illinois Appellate Court rejected Drew Peterson's appeal to keep his uncle in control of his murdered third wife's finances.
Peterson was trying to block the family of Kathleen Savio from taking control of her will and reopening her estate. Savio's family filed a wrongful death suit after Will County authorities ruled that her 2004 death was a homicide.
Peterson's attorney says he'll file a motion to reconsider its decision and may appeal to the state's Supreme Court.
Peterson is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game