2 killed at West Side car wash
February 14, 2009 (CHICAGO) -- Two men died Friday night after a man opened fire inside a West Side car wash.
Antonio Cole, 28, and Lenneht Suggs, 34, were shot at the Peaches car wash, 5219 W. Lake St., a spokesman for the Cook County Medical Examiner's office said.
The men were standing on the sidewalk outside the car wash about 8:15 p.m. when an unidentified 30-year-old man approached and fatally shot Suggs, police said. The offender then chased Cole into the car wash and fatally shot him.
Cole, of 820 N. Keystone Ave., was pronounced dead on the scene at 9:55 p.m., and Suggs, of 326 N. Laramie Ave., was pronounced dead at 9 p.m. at Mount Sinai Hospital, the medical examiner's office said.
The shooter was not in police custody as of 1 p.m. Saturday.
Grand Central Area detectives are investigating.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 18 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears 5 min ago
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death 26 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way 44 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as alderman 43 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
50 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
18 min ago