Teen collapses, dies playing basketball
March 9, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenage boy collapsed and died after playing basketball at a Chicago high school.
Marcel Jones, who had a history of heart problems, passed out while playing basketball at a Near West Side high school Sunday night.
The teen was taken by ambulance from the Chicago Hope Academy. He was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital.
Police do not suspect foul play in the boy's death.
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK 2 min ago
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica 16 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos