Teen collapses, dies playing basketball
March 9, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenage boy collapsed and died after playing basketball at a Chicago high school.
Marcel Jones, who had a history of heart problems, passed out while playing basketball at a Near West Side high school Sunday night.
The teen was taken by ambulance from the Chicago Hope Academy. He was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital.
Police do not suspect foul play in the boy's death.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 49 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn 53 min ago
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper 40 min ago
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
49 min ago