Julia Hudson says she must move on
March 22, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Julia Hudson, the sister of singer and actress Jennifer Hudson, is speaking publicly for the first time since her mother, brother and son were murdered.
She is participating in a fashion show Sunday night and has had a makeover for the occasion.
Hudson says she has been recovering since the tragedy and credits her strong support system, that includes her sister Jennifer, and also the power of prayer.
Julia Hudson says she had no choice but to go on with her life. Her former boyfriend, William Balfour, has been charged with the killings.
"If I don't move on, William and the devil won.They will not take anything else from me. I have to go on," Julia Hudson told ABC7 Chicago.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 2 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago 1 min ago
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold 2 min ago
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy 42 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
2 min ago