Chicago 2016 unveils sport development plan
March 25, 2009 (WLS) -- Chicago's Olympic hopes now include a plan to promote sports in the Chicagoland area and across the world.
The developmental plan, which would be launched should Chicago be named host city for the 2016 Games, has five rings:
"Our plan for 2016 is based on strengthening sport and promoting its values in our city and across the country in the years leading up to 2016 and beyond," said Patrick G. Ryan, chairman and CEO of Chicago 2016.
The plan includes a seven-year partnership with the International Federations.
"With International Federation guidance, the Five Rings of Sport will help ensure that our plan works from the grassroots to the global level," said Ryan.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 20 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 6 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos