Chicago 2016 unveils sport development plan
March 25, 2009 (WLS) -- Chicago's Olympic hopes now include a plan to promote sports in the Chicagoland area and across the world.
The developmental plan, which would be launched should Chicago be named host city for the 2016 Games, has five rings:
"Our plan for 2016 is based on strengthening sport and promoting its values in our city and across the country in the years leading up to 2016 and beyond," said Patrick G. Ryan, chairman and CEO of Chicago 2016.
The plan includes a seven-year partnership with the International Federations.
"With International Federation guidance, the Five Rings of Sport will help ensure that our plan works from the grassroots to the global level," said Ryan.
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...