Crestwood resident files suit over well
April 24, 2009 -- A Crestwood resident filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against the village for using well water contaminated with "dangerous toxic chemicals."
Joseph Marzano hopes other residents will join in the lawsuit filed Thursday in Cook County Circuit Court.
An EPA test performed in 2007 found that the well's water was contaminated with twice the legal limit of vinyl chloride -- a chemical linked with cancer.
Mayor Robert Stranczek told residents in a letter this week that the well was only used during periods of high demand and assured them that the water was safe.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack 56 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night 59 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 44 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child 12 min ago
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos