Crestwood resident files suit over well
April 24, 2009 -- A Crestwood resident filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against the village for using well water contaminated with "dangerous toxic chemicals."
Joseph Marzano hopes other residents will join in the lawsuit filed Thursday in Cook County Circuit Court.
An EPA test performed in 2007 found that the well's water was contaminated with twice the legal limit of vinyl chloride -- a chemical linked with cancer.
Mayor Robert Stranczek told residents in a letter this week that the well was only used during periods of high demand and assured them that the water was safe.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap