Crestwood resident files suit over well
April 24, 2009 -- A Crestwood resident filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against the village for using well water contaminated with "dangerous toxic chemicals."
Joseph Marzano hopes other residents will join in the lawsuit filed Thursday in Cook County Circuit Court.
An EPA test performed in 2007 found that the well's water was contaminated with twice the legal limit of vinyl chloride -- a chemical linked with cancer.
Mayor Robert Stranczek told residents in a letter this week that the well was only used during periods of high demand and assured them that the water was safe.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos