Water contamination spurs state law proposal
April 28, 2009 (WLS) -- The Illinois legislature will consider a bill regarding drinking water following contamination found in a suburban Crestwood well.
Attorney General Lisa Madigan is proposing an amendment that would require community notification when the drinking water is contaminated.
It was learned last week that for more than 20 years, Crestwood residents may have been exposed to contaminated well water.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos