Upside down flag pulled down
May 7, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Someone removed an American flag that was flying upside down at St. Sabina Church Thursday.
Father Michael Pfleger decided to raise the upside down flag Tuesday to bring attention to the rising number of children dying violent deaths in Chicago.
The flag code says an upside-down flag is a sign of distress. The action offended some veterans.
Someone took down the flag.
But on Thursday afternoon, the priest had a group of men raise another flag.
Father Pfleger says he will keep flying the American flag upside down until something is done to stop the violence.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos