Report: O'Hare air traffic controllers fatigued
July 2, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Short turnarounds, lots of overtime and six day workweeks are causing fatigue among Chicago air traffic controllers.
A report released today finds air traffic controllers at O'Hare airport are struggling against exhaustion.
The Inspector General of the Department of Transportation says all three factors create extra stress since the job requires an especially high level of concentration.
Senator Dick Durbin requested the assessment based on proof that air controller fatigue has played a significant role in errors that could have led to collisions between planes on runways.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 7 min ago
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS student 26 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim 33 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 50 min ago
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny 22 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
22 min ago
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS...
26 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
50 min ago