Teen dies, other critical in South Side shooting
July 4, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 16-year-old boy was killed and another teen seriously wounded in a shooting Friday afternoon in the South Side's Englewood neighborhood.
Emergency crews responded to the shooting at 1331 W. 72nd Place at 12:47 p.m., according to Fire Media Affairs Chief Kevin MacGregor, who said two people were found shot at the address.
16-year old Terrance Green was shot in the back during an apparent driveby shooting.
He played football at Harper High School. Green's father says his son "'had a gift," and he described his son as an outgoing teen.
Green was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital at 4:40 p.m., a spokesman for the Cook County Medical Examiner's office said.
Another victim, reportedly 17-years-old, was also wounded in the shooting.
Wentworth Area detectives are investigating.
The Sun Times News Group contributed to this report.
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says 5 min ago
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois 49 min ago
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana 4 min ago
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Governor, Mayor in high-stakes game of Chicago hold 'em 29 min ago
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
49 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos