2 hotlines, e-mail offered to families of deceased
July 9, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two hotlines and an email have been set up for family members who have loved ones buried at Burr Oak Cemetery.
Sheriff Tom Dart said the server crashed due to the onslaught of calls from people to the first hotline, 800-942-1950. He said his team is working to remedy the situation. They hope to have them back up and working later Thursday.
They're asking for the public's patience.
The department has also set up an additional local hotline for anyone who can't get through to the 800 number. The local contact number is 708-865-6070.
The Cook County Sheriff's Office has also set up an e-mail address-- firstname.lastname@example.org -- as alternative to the 800 number for family friends concerned about those buried at Burr Oak Cemetery.
If a caller has no email, they can still call 800-942-1950. But to alleviate the vast number of calls anyone with email access should send to email@example.com
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 18 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner 15 min ago
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow 22 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- 7 in 77
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
18 min ago