White House: First lady's father not at Burr Oak
July 14, 2009 (ALSIP, Ill.) (WLS) -- The White House has issued a correction on its earlier statement regarding the burial of the first lady's father.
Michelle Obama's communication director Camille Johnston now says, "There has been some confusion. Fraser Robinson III was buried at Lincoln Cemetery NOT Burr Oak."
Earlier Johnston told the ABC7 I-Team that Robinson was buried at Burr Oak Cemetery in Alsip, Ill. Burr Oak, the south suburban facility involved in a grave desecration scandal.
The I-Team asked Ms. Johnston how she and her White House staff could have made such an error.
"Apparently they are just a couple of blocks away from each other" she replied.
Even that explanation is confused however. The two cemeteries are not a couple of blocks away from each other. They are two miles away.
Lincoln Cemetery, where the president's father-in-law is now said to be buried, is located at 12300 S Kedzie Ave in Alsip. Burr Oak, where the White House this morning stated he was buried, is at 4400 W 127th St. in Alsip.
michelle obama, local
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 43 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77