New boat launch named after former mayor
July 18, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicagoans can now enjoy a new boat launch on the Chicago River, and it is named after the late mayor Richard J. Daley.
His son, the city's current mayor, was on hand for Saturday's dedication at 31st Street and South Western Avenue. He says his father loved to fish, and the new site helps fulfill a dream of his to see people fishing in the Chicago River.
The new boat launce is the only one for motorized boats on the river in Chicago. Its construction improves an abandoned railroad maintenance area.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation