Burge attends status hearing
July 22, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Chicago police commander Jon Burge appeared in a federal courtroom Wednesday morning.
Burge now lives in Florida. He returned to Chicago for a status hearing. He's charged with obstruction of justice and perjury.
The former lieutenant is accused of lying about whether he and other officers under his command tortured and abused suspects in custody dating back to the 1980s. His trial has been set for January 11.
Burge has another court date in September. He is asking that wants his trial be moved away from Chicago. But a judge said she will likely turn down his motion.
jon burge, local
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home 35 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week 41 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot up to $291 million
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Homewood bank robbers hiding in complex, police say 3 min ago
- La Porte County burglary ring busted 3 min ago
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- Ventra progress report shows major improvement
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Meningitis at other universities puts NU on alert
- Chicago Dearborn bike lane rated best in America
- Official shaves 40-year-old mustache for cancer awareness
- Cyber Safety Tips During the Holidays
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- La Porte County burglary ring busted
3 min ago
- Officials try to ID body near missing...
35 min ago