Woman gets 50 years in partner's murder
July 28, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 28-year-old woman receieved a 50-year sentence for murdering her partner and hiding her body in a car.
Prosecutors say Nicole Abusharif suffocated Rebecca Klein, and then stuffed her body inside the trunk of a 1966 Mustang in May 2007.
Authorities found the body inside the garage of the west suburban Villa Park home that the two women shared.
At trial, Abusharif maintained she was innocent, but prosecutors claim she killed Klein after falling in love with another woman.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 37 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash 48 min ago
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive 52 min ago
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos