FBI, CPD hold counterterrorism training exercise
August 6, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police and FBI activity near Navy Pier Thursday should not alarm Chicagoans, it is just a training exercise.
Police are using the boat Odyssey as part of the exercise to simulate the hijacking of a maritime vessel on one of the Great Lakes. The drill is expected to last until early afternoon hours along the lakefront between Navy Pier and Shedd Aquarium.
The exercise is part of an effort to improve the emergency response to any kind of a situation that might occur in the area.
shedd aquarium, local
- 4 schools to be saved from CPS closings vote 6 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs 39 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting 46 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 4 schools to be saved from CPS closings vote
6 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards...
39 min ago