Police run crosswalk sting in Lakeview
August 25, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police handed out 43 citations to drivers who failed to stop for people using crosswalks.
It was part of a sting set up at Belmont and Orchard on Monday night.
Plainclothes officers used the crosswalks and cars that failed to yield got pulled over and ticketed. It's part of a city wide crackdown at crosswalks. It was the first night time sting.
The police department said during the day time stings it only handed out about 18 or 20 tickets.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 38 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 32 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton 14 min ago
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina 14 min ago
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen 12 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
38 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos