Additional Burr Oak hearing set
September 4, 2009 (WLS) -- An additional hearing on the Burr Oak Cemetery investigation was set for Friday.
One of the four workers charged with reselling burial plots is requesting a new judge to hear the case.
Carolyn Towns, Maurice Dailey, Keith Nicks and Terrence Nicks were all employees of Burr Oak Cemetery in Alsip. They're accused of desecrating hundreds of grave sites, dumping remains and reselling the plots. They were scheduled to be arraigned Thursday, but the attorney for Terrence Nicks filed a motion for a new judge.
Towns' attorney also withdrew from the case, and she has been assigned a public defender.
Dailey is free on bond. The others remain in custody.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 9 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby 14 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 31 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Chicago airports rank poorly for on-time departures 33 min ago
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
14 min ago