MSI offers family passes on first day of school
September 7, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Museum of Science And Industry is offering students in Chicago an incentive to go to school Tuesday.
The museum is giving away free passes for every Chicago Public Schools student in grades K through 12 who attends the first day of class.
Each pass is good for up to three adult general admission tickets. They can be used until the end of the school year on June 18.
This is the third year for the program.
Last year, the museum distributed about 380,000 family passes to CPS students. More than 7,800 were redeemed.
museum of science and industry, local
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing 30 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 46 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77