$5,000 reward offered in case of teen's death
September 26, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- St. Sabina church was filled with mourners Saturday for Corey McClaurin's funeral.
Relatives, friends, and neighbors filed past his flower-covered casket inside the Southwest Side church.
McClaurin was gunned down on South Green Street in the Gresham neighborhood just a few blocks from his home last weekend.
"My young cousin's life was snatched and stolen to some senseless terroristic act of violence. He had a bright, promising future ahead, like so many of our other kids whose lives have been stolen from us way too soon," cousin William Hayes said.
Police have no suspects or motive in the killing.
St. Sabina is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of whoever killed the teenager.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 1 min ago
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury 11 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- 7 in :77
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
1 min ago