$5,000 reward offered in case of teen's death
September 26, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- St. Sabina church was filled with mourners Saturday for Corey McClaurin's funeral.
Relatives, friends, and neighbors filed past his flower-covered casket inside the Southwest Side church.
McClaurin was gunned down on South Green Street in the Gresham neighborhood just a few blocks from his home last weekend.
"My young cousin's life was snatched and stolen to some senseless terroristic act of violence. He had a bright, promising future ahead, like so many of our other kids whose lives have been stolen from us way too soon," cousin William Hayes said.
Police have no suspects or motive in the killing.
St. Sabina is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of whoever killed the teenager.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 49 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 42 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC 7 To Go, April 16, 2014
14 min ago
- 'The Chew'?s Carla Hall
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos