Protest over event for cop charged with reckless homicide
October 21, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There is outrage over a police fundraiser for an officer who is charged with reckless homicide in an alleged drunk driving case.
Protestors went to the Area one detective division on Wednesday night where they say the host of the event is stationed.
The fundraiser is scheduled for Friday at the Fraternal Order of Police hall but is not sponsored by the FOP.
The FOP does confirm that friends of Detective Joe Frugoli rented the hall.
Last March, Frugoli was allegedly driving drunk when he crashed into another vehicle, killing Fausto Manzara and Andrew Casares.
Frugoli was stripped of his police powers, is not getting paid, and was released on bond.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 57 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen 52 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 7 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
57 min ago