Protest over event for cop charged with reckless homicide
October 21, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There is outrage over a police fundraiser for an officer who is charged with reckless homicide in an alleged drunk driving case.
Protestors went to the Area one detective division on Wednesday night where they say the host of the event is stationed.
The fundraiser is scheduled for Friday at the Fraternal Order of Police hall but is not sponsored by the FOP.
The FOP does confirm that friends of Detective Joe Frugoli rented the hall.
Last March, Frugoli was allegedly driving drunk when he crashed into another vehicle, killing Fausto Manzara and Andrew Casares.
Frugoli was stripped of his police powers, is not getting paid, and was released on bond.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year