Charges tossed against CPD officer
November 4, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An indictment has been dismissed against a Chicago police officer accused of writing numerous false drunk driving tickets.
In March, 2008, Officer John Haleas was charged with perjury, official misconduct and obstructing justice. Wednesday, a judge ruled that prosecutors improperly used statements given by Officer John Haleas To internal affairs investigators looking into misconduct charges.
Police union rules prohibit statements from administrative disciplinary proceedings to be used against officers in criminal cases.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 54 min ago
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old