Charges tossed against CPD officer
November 4, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An indictment has been dismissed against a Chicago police officer accused of writing numerous false drunk driving tickets.
In March, 2008, Officer John Haleas was charged with perjury, official misconduct and obstructing justice. Wednesday, a judge ruled that prosecutors improperly used statements given by Officer John Haleas To internal affairs investigators looking into misconduct charges.
Police union rules prohibit statements from administrative disciplinary proceedings to be used against officers in criminal cases.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
59 min ago