Report: Over 20 recent burials at Burr Oak
November 10, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There are reports on Tuesday that burials have resumed at a southwest suburban cemetery that was at the center of a criminal investigation this summer.
The court-appointed administrator of Burr Oak Cemetery tells WBBM radio that there have been more than 20 burials there in the past few weeks. That includes those who had died months ago but couldn't be buried because of the investigation into an alleged grave re-selling scheme.
Four people were charged in the alleged plot. All four are out of jail on bond.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout