Report: Over 20 recent burials at Burr Oak
November 10, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There are reports on Tuesday that burials have resumed at a southwest suburban cemetery that was at the center of a criminal investigation this summer.
The court-appointed administrator of Burr Oak Cemetery tells WBBM radio that there have been more than 20 burials there in the past few weeks. That includes those who had died months ago but couldn't be buried because of the investigation into an alleged grave re-selling scheme.
Four people were charged in the alleged plot. All four are out of jail on bond.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 2 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 16 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 11 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos