Report: Over 20 recent burials at Burr Oak
November 10, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There are reports on Tuesday that burials have resumed at a southwest suburban cemetery that was at the center of a criminal investigation this summer.
The court-appointed administrator of Burr Oak Cemetery tells WBBM radio that there have been more than 20 burials there in the past few weeks. That includes those who had died months ago but couldn't be buried because of the investigation into an alleged grave re-selling scheme.
Four people were charged in the alleged plot. All four are out of jail on bond.
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook 14 min ago
- 3-year old killed in North Side fire 21 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash 37 min ago
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 13 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death