State rep robbed at gunpoint
November 16, 2009 (WLS) -- State Representative Annazette Collins was robbed at gunpoint by a masked man on Chicago's South Side.
The legislator from Chicago was with her sister walking near 61st and Woodlawn around 8 p.m. Sunday. They told police a gunman wearing a black ski mask and skull cap demanded a purse. He took Collins' bag and fled on foot.
Neither woman was hurt.
Investigators say the theft happened in a courtyard that was unsecured because of a glitch due to the new area code that requires 11-digit dialing.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails 7 min ago
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control 57 min ago
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos