State rep robbed at gunpoint
November 16, 2009 (WLS) -- State Representative Annazette Collins was robbed at gunpoint by a masked man on Chicago's South Side.
The legislator from Chicago was with her sister walking near 61st and Woodlawn around 8 p.m. Sunday. They told police a gunman wearing a black ski mask and skull cap demanded a purse. He took Collins' bag and fled on foot.
Neither woman was hurt.
Investigators say the theft happened in a courtyard that was unsecured because of a glitch due to the new area code that requires 11-digit dialing.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...