Art Institute lions get their wreaths
November 27, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A sure sign that the holiday season has started, the Art Institute lions are now wearing wreaths.
It's the 18th year that the bronze guardians have been decorated.
This year in honor of the opening of the new modern wing, the lions' holiday look has been updated.
Contemporary artist Yves Behar designed lavish red and blue wreaths made of aluminum.
The lions will get their traditional evergreen wreaths in about two weeks.
art institute of chicago, local
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side 40 min ago
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault 38 min ago
- Toy Parade gathers gifts for children in need 41 min ago
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area