Christmas Seals Program underway
November 30, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- You can help support healthy lungs when you mail out your holiday packages this season.
The postal service unveiled its special cancellation for the American Lung Association's Christmas Seals Program.
The seals are stickers placed on holiday cards and packages. The special cancellation would be placed on an envelope near the postmark.
The American Lung Association uses money raised from the program to help fight smoking and childhood asthma.
"This is about people that you can point to and say they are asthmatic. They need help. Let's clean the air up. Let's do what we can to save lives," said Senator John Cullerton, (D) Senate president.
The Christmas Seals Program is now in its 102nd year.
- CPS school closures begin
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials recover body from Lake Michigan near Oakwood 41 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday 35 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- 7 in :77
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos