Man killed in abandoned building fire
December 3, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A fire in an abandoned building on the city's South Side early Thursday morning has claimed the life of a man.
Firefighters discovered the victim in the attic after putting out the fire in the 400-block of West Englewood.
The fire started at about 3:45 a.m. in the vacant two-and-a-half story house and spread quickly.
No one else was hurt. The victim has not been identified.
building fire, local
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap