Toy giveway benefits Chicago children
December 19, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Englewood's 14th annual Christmas toy giveaway attracted a crowd of boys and girls and their families Saturday, in addition to many top government leaders.
The officials included Gov. Pat Quinn and Mayor Daley, who has attended all 14 of the giveaways.
Many bicycles were awarded. Some happy kids received sneakers, and others were given electronics or a variety of toys.
Thanks to generous sponsors, this giveaway was bigger than last year's, despite the nation's troubled economy.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 2 min ago
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
1 min ago